Studies have shown that 10 percent of women over age 40 wear reading glasses. In case you have some kind of prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses, then you may be on the way to wearing bifocals in the future. If you hold your food items in an arm’s length at the supermarket to see the cost or the labels, then you likely need reading glasses. With the fibers, age of the eye lens make denser and less flexible. Therefore the lens cannot adjust to concentrate on nearby objects. This age-related condition is not a disease and is known as presbyopia or old eye this problem is noticed at age 40 to 45 and lasts for another 15 to 20 years, and it stabilizes. Therefore corrective measures such as bifocals or reading glasses become mandatory. If you are mostly in an outdoor environment you will be able to use reading glasses in the kind of sunglasses. If you are exposed to lots of reflection, polarized reading glasses are also available.
You can avoid reading glasses hk or delay the onset of age related-eye requirements by maintaining a proper diet, wholesome eye care and by doing the perfect eye exercise. Some eye diseases do not result in any pain and do not have any symptoms for several years. A qualified optometrist will have the ability to detect any problems with the cornea or the lens by carefully examining them under specific optometric machines. Early detection can prevent irreparable harm. Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration and Cataracts are eye problems which develop with age and result in visual impairment or blindness. In Glaucoma the optic nerve is damaged whereas in macular degeneration that the retina becomes affected. Cataracts affect the crystalline lens. Although glaucoma and macular degeneration almost surely cause blindness, cataracts can be removed by surgery.
Here are a few hints to Keep your eyes in good shape and prevent reading glasses:
- Include sufficient Amounts of yellow-orange foods like cantaloupes, carrots and yams. These fruits include Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Selenium and zinc are several minerals that are important for healthy eyes.
- The muscles of the Eyes have to be well exercised in order to keep them healthy. A vision therapist will have the ability to recommend proper exercises to your eye condition.
- Palming keeps eyes from becoming strained and helps soothe tired eyes. You can do that by rubbing your hands together until warm and cupping your eyes together.
- Tea bags put on your eyes after a weary day’s work can relieve them of fatigue.
- If you work for Eight hours in front of a computer, it is a fantastic idea to change your gaze from the screen and focus with an object placed at a distance of eight to nine feet away. Do this every 15 minutes. This will help keep your eyes focus and give your eyes the crucial breaks.
Many people have to resort to reading glaucoma hong kong earlier as they take their eyes for granted. Your eyes are your windows to the world, and so treat them with care. However, all said and done, should you use reading glasses, you can choose from plenty of designer reading glasses.